Kranjcar scored a brilliant goal at Fulham on Saturday
|
Portsmouth manager Harry Redknapp has dismissed suggestions Croatian midfielder Niko Kranjcar could leave the club in the summer.
The 23-year-old, who scored his first goal for Pompey at Fulham, had been linked with a return to Hajduk Split.
But Redknapp said: "We've bought him, he's not a loan. He belongs to us. He's a terrific footballer and I'm keen on him and want to keep him."
Kranjcar said: "It is up to the club whether I stay here next season."
 |
If a bigger club comes along and says they would like to take me I would be interested
|
But he added: "If they say they want to keep me I will be happy with that.
"If a bigger club than Portsmouth comes along and says they would like to take me I would, of course, be interested.
"Ask any footballer and he would give you the same answer. That is the way things are but we'll see what happens in the summer."
Redknapp is keen to stress how highly he rates the player, who is a regular in the Croatian national team.
"This boy has everything," he added.
"He can take a knock, has lovely touch and great skill. He's a good size, six-feet tall and strong. I just think he could get himself a bit fitter for next season.
"I just think he's still adjusting to the pace of the English game, which he's never really witnessed before, but he can play. He can put his foot on the ball, pick a pass and, if he shot more, would score goals regularly.
"That was a great strike against Fulham for his first and I have told him he should get more instead of always trying to play people in."
Kranjcar signed a three-year deal when he joined the Premiership club from Hajduk in August 2006.